Have you already jumped ship from DSLrs? If so tell us when and what you purchased and if you will go back?
Sony today released a tiny camera with a FULL Frame A7RII Sensor at 42MP Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R II Digital Camera At a price point of $3300!!
- 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Variable Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Zeiss Sonnar T* 35mm f/2 Lens
- Full HD 1080p60 Video & XAVC S Format
- 399 Phase-Detect AF Points & 5 fps Burst
- 0.39″ 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 3.0″ 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- ISO 102400 & Uncompressed 14-Bit RAW
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
We have seen no innovation from Canon or Nikon in over 2 years, no response to the mirrorless movement which is huge here is an video we did 52 weeks ago on Photography: After Hours about are the big camera manufacturers keeping up with the times?
A year later we still say NO! The Iphone is more advanced, the Lumix GX8 was released with 4k Photo & Panoramic modes, the Olympus line released the OMD-EM-5mk2 & just released a firmware to add a ton of new options in camera such as FOCUS Stacking and more! The Sony line updated both the A7r & A7s to Mark 2 versions.
And now Sony jams a FULL Frame sensor into a glorified Point and Shoot camera, granted it has a fixed lens and some other things that don't make it my cup of tea BUT it shows they are innovating! Will the big guys become the next Kodak?